- Allows for autonomy - Prohibits and/or punishes autonomy
- Interdependent and appreciating - Codependent and engulfing
- Mutual/appropriate concern - Over-concern/over-involvement
- Allows for growth/change/uniqueness - Cyclical, confining & growth-stunting
- Boundaries are present/respected - Boundaries are disrespected/ignored
- Creates growing contentment - Creates restlessness and a sense that
something isn't right
Enmeshment is toxic and prohibits intimacy. Understand it and set boundaries against it so you can be the person God created you to be.